Next up . . . our 10th annual
2017 National Poetry Contest and
2017 National Short-Story Contest
(for Canadian citizens or residents of all ages)
July 31, 2017
No entry fee! Cash prizes to be won!
Each summer we hold two contests, which are open to Canadian residents and citizens of all ages. There is a separate division for young writers.
Over $3500 will be awarded in cash and other prizes.
There is no entry fee and no obligation to purchase anything.
As well as the opportunity to win cash prizes, there will be ten honourable mentions in each contest and the top group (approx. 33%) of all entries received will be published in a keepsake, soft-cover collection to be released in early December. All participants will receive a bookmark gift!
Entries must be sent by July 31, 2017.
Writers who are successful in the first round will receive a letter of congratulations to their home address in September, along with an author's release they need to sign (or have their parent/guardian sign if applicable) and return or they will not be published. They will then move forward to the final round of judging to possibly win one of the prizes listed below.
|16 & Over (poetry & short story):|
And . . . ten honourable mentions for each contest!
Young writers division (15 & under - poetry & short story):
|And . . . ten honourable mentions for each contest!|
All first-, second-, and third-prize winners will receive a free copy of the anthology featuring their entry, as well as those who receive honourable mentions .
- All work must be original and should not have been previously published (online postings should be removed prior to submission).
- Please do not submit work already sent to other contests or publications for consideration (aka no simultaneous submissions).
- You may enter one poem and/or one short story only!
- Poems must be 48 lines or less.
- Short stories must be 750 words or less. Fanfiction and essays are not permitted. Characters must be of your own creation. Stories should be fiction or fictionalized (change the names of real characters)!
- At this time entries should be in English or accompanied by an English translation.
- SUBMIT ENTRY ONLINE or send your entry along with a printed, completed, and scanned entry form or reasonable facsimile.
- Please retain a copy of all work submitted as we are unable to return anything. Any topic or style is acceptable.
Ways to Enter
|Web email form||SUBMIT ENTRY ONLINE|
|Acceptable file attachments: .doc/.docx, .pdf, or .txt|
|(No PAGES files please)|
|by mail:||Polar Expressions Publishing|
|PO Box 500 Stn Main|
|Maple Ridge BC V2X 3P2|
|by email:||email@example.com or